You have a wide range of choices when it comes to selecting a garage door company to work with. Choices range from huge home supply stores to the local handyman and each has its advantages and drawbacks.
Consider the following questions when selecting your Garage door company
- Selection: Do they have a wide selection of door styles and openers to fit your needs?
- Experience: Are they specialists? Are Garage door installations and repair all they do?
- Professionalism: Who will do the work? Are the technicians trained and certified? Are they Company employees or do they hire sub-contractors? Are they members of industry associations like IDA?
- Scheduling: Are they available when you need them or do you adjust to their schedule? Do they work evening and weekends? Do they offer 24/7 emergency services? Will they need multiple trips or just one visit?
- Pricing: Do they charge extra for emergencies or for evening or weekends appointments? Do they provide multiple options?
- Warranties: What is the warranty on the Door? Do they offer warranties on parts and labor too? For how long?
- Reputation: Are they local, licensed, bonded and insured? What is their rating with the BBB?
- Quality: Do they offer a variety of brand name products? How environmentally sensitive are they?
- Parts: What is the quality of the parts they use?
- What is the “cycle rating” of their springs (quality springs should last 30,000 cycles or more)
- Are Springs powder coated to eliminate rust?
- Are rollers made with ball-bearings or are they plastic?